2016 Award Winners
Thank you for participating in our 2016 ADI Research Day. We received a total of 57 abstracts, of these 20 were selected as oral presentations and 37 were selected as poster presentations.
Our Research Day is for our trainees – from our junior summer students to our senior postdoctoral fellows – providing them the opportunity to present their research in a friendly atmosphere amongst peers, supervisors, and other ADI members. I hope once again we achieved this aim.
2016 ADI Research Day Awards
- WINNER Antonio Bruni (Shapiro Lab)
- Honourable Mention Victoria Baronas (Kurata Lab)
- Honourable Mention Anne-Francoise Close (Buteau Lab)
- WINNER John Kennelly (Jacobs Lab)
- Honourable Mention Jelske van der Veen (Vance Lab)
- Honourable Mention Trevor Poitras (Zochodne Lab)
Posters (Junior) Summer Students
- WINNER Ali Hajar (Urschel / West Lab)
- Honourable Mention Jennifer Croden (Rayat Lab)
- WINNER Morgan Sosniuk (West Lab)
- Honourable Mention Josue Rodrigues Silva (Rayat Lab)
Poster (Junior) MSc Students
- WINNER Krista MacDonald (Mager / Haqq Lab)
- Honourable Mention Stephany Adame Perez (Mager Lab)
Poster (Senior) PhD Students
- WINNER Kim Robin (Kurata Lab)
- Honourable Mention Camila Pinto (Prado Lab)
Poster (Senior) Postdocs, Research Associates, Techs
- WINNER Indri Purwana (Buteau Lab)
- Honourable Mention Ying Wang (Buteau Lab)
Overall Trainee-Choice Award (mini / full presentations)
- WINNER Victoria Baronas (Kurata Lab)
Our keynote speaker, Dr Sheila Collins, gave an excellent and thought-provoking talk on adipose tissue that certainly generated a good discussion amongst everyone! Dr Collins was also a very active participant during our Research Day—meeting individually with some of our ADI Members, joining our trainees for a casual pizza lunch, judging the oral presentation sessions and visiting our poster presenters during the poster session. Thank you Dr Collins for a great visit!
Thank You : Session Chairs
Special thanks to our session chairs who kept the conversation going, running on time and often with some humour thrown in!
- Drs Jeff Johnson, Cathy Chan, Jane Yardley and Lori West
Thank You : Judges
Kudos to ALL of our judges – no easy task. Our judges had the very difficult job of evaluating all of the excellent presentations.
Oral presentation judges: Drs Sheila Collins, Harley Kurata, and Maria Febbraio
- Poster judges: Drs Colin Anderson, Norman Boule, Jean Buteau, Stephen Johnson, and Donna Vine
- Senior trainees: Kristofor Elestad, Mourad Ferdaoussi,Toto Long, Caroline Richard, and Bassem Salama
Thank You : Sponsors
- Eli Lilly, Merck and ADF ... thank you!