Booking Instructions for Non UofA Users
All non-UofA users can access the ADI`s Core Facilities. To do so, please contact the Core Facility Manager to receive access to the equipment and its online booking calendar. Once you have access, you can book online using your personal or corporate GMail account. The procedure is detailed below:
1) From the ADI website, open a new browser tab and go to the GMail login page.
2) Login and go to your Google calendar. You should see the equipment calendar(s) you have access to in your list of other calendars.
3) Leave your calendar homepage open and return to the ADI website tab. Open the Core Services page and click on the desired Core facility equipment. This will open the corresponding equipment's calendar.
4) Find the desired open time slot for booking the equipment.
5) Return to the calendar tab and open the equipment calendar's settings by clicking on the small arrow to the right of the equipment calendar.
6) Copy the calendar`s name.
7) Return to your Google calendar and create a new event by clicking in the desired time slot.
8) In the event’s “What” field, add your Company name and your name.
9) Click on “edit event” at the bottom of the event window.
10) In the “Add guests” box, paste the name of the equipment calendar that you copied in step 6 and click "add".
11) Once you have added the equipment calendar as a guest to your event, click “Save”.
12) If no time conflicts exist with other users' bookings, you should see an event created in your calendar as well as an event created in the equipment calendar (note that events have the same color as the corresponding calendars in which they are created).
13) Make sure you check back on the ADI website`s equipment calendar page to confirm that your booking has been made (you may need to refresh your browser to update the calendar).
If your booking appears on the ADI website's equipment calendar as shown in the above example, your booking is confirmed. Other users cannot move or delete your bookings using this system.
Repeat the above steps for all the different equipment you plan to use. If you're not seeing what you are expecting to see, remember to refresh your browser page.
If you need to cancel your time slot, simply login to your own Google Calendar and delete the event you created. Your booking will automatically be removed from the resource calendar. A cancellation e-mail is automatically sent to the Core manager for auditing and record keeping.
If you have any questions or require booking assistance, please contact the Core Manager. New users and off-campus users are welcome at the ADI`s Core facilities and can contact the Core Managers for access.